Google’s brand is only as strong as our users’ trust–and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what’s best for them. Our Product Quality Operations team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google’s users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user’s point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
As a Vendor operations program manager in Product Quality Operations (PQO), you will be responsible for driving operational rigor and making vendor operations world-class for a set of products.
You will lead the day-to-day vendor operations and effectively manage vendor performance with transparent metrics, data-driven decisions and industry leading vendor management techniques. You will be responsible for managing and delivering SLAs for the aligned workflows. You are an expert in project/program management who possesses the ability to work globally and cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders. You are adept at data analysis including querying, building and maintaining dashboards and using data to improve your operations. You are also capable of identifying and prioritizing process and automation improvement opportunities.
- Establish and maintain strong alignment with multiple PQO product areas.
- Lead strategic, complex and/or time-sensitive projects by defining clear objectives, dependencies, risks, owners and follow through mechanisms.
- Manage vendor operations; be responsible for large-sized vendor teams (more than 100 vendors) and delivering on all SLAs.
- Make process, tools, data and metrics improvements.
- Lead the development of vendor budget for the product functions and site, incorporating input from product functions. Provide input to forecasting, resource and budget planning for vendor operations; provide input to vendor selection as per business needs.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google’s integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The PQO team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google’s expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry wide solutions. PQO team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.Apply Now