Google’s brand is only as strong as our users’ trust–and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what’s best for them. Our Product Quality Operations team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google’s users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user’s point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
As a Manager in Cloud Abuse Operations, you lead a world class team responsible for protecting Google and its users by fighting abuse and fraud for at least one Google product (i.e. Search, Maps, AdWords, AdSense). You ensure trust and reputation not only for this product,but also for Google as a broader brand and company. You are a strategic leader who possesses the ability to work globally and cross-functionally with several internal stakeholders through effective relationship building, influence and communication. You demonstrate analytical thinking through data-driven decisions. You have the technical know-how, charisma and ability to work with your team to make a big impact.
- Manage a team of analysts and play a key role in developing the abuse/spam fighting vision and strategy for Cloud Platform (i.e. Compute Engine, App Engine).
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to achieve this vision and strategy.
- Increase effectiveness of your specific product abuse/fraud team by identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement through people and tools or technology.
- Transform the current workflow to make it more scalable; develop or regularly report on department growth and performance metrics.
- Work as part of a broader product quality operations management team with regards to strategy, process improvement, people development and technology implementation.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google’s integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The PQO team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google’s expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. PQO team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.Apply Now