Google’s brand is only as strong as our users’ trust–and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what’s best for them. Our Trust and Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google’s users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user’s point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
As a Manager in Trust and Safety, you will lead a team responsible for protecting Google’s users from abuse and fraud while ensuring trust and improving Google’s reputation. You are a strategic leader who possesses the ability to work globally and cross-functionally with several internal stakeholders through effective relationship building, influence, and communication skills. You demonstrate analytical thinking through data-driven decisions, and the technical know-how, charisma, and have the ability to work with your team to provide leadership to do what it takes to get things done in order to make a difference.
- Develop overall strategy and vision to fight fraud, abuse, and spam.
- Transform current workflows to be more scalable while driving efficiency and automation.
- Increase effectiveness of strategy by identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement through people and tools/technology.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Engineering, Product and Legal) to achieve your team’s overall vision.
- Work as part of a broader product quality operations management team with regards to strategy, process improvement, people development and technology implementation.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google’s integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The Trust and Safety team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google’s expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. Trust and Safety team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.