Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
As a Technical Program Manager in Partnerships, you’ll work closely with external Partners, Business Development, Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to coordinate new product integrations and launches, develop and execute operational processes, and manage on-going integration relationship with partners. You will be responsible for program management from concept development through implementation and post-Production support, and reporting success metrics. You will facilitate project scoping; identify and track dependencies with external and internal teams; coordinate and communicate timelines for the development of new integrations and products; and generate and execute project plans. You will be expected to demonstrate technical knowledge of complex products and services, including but not limited to scripting and debugging (e.g., systems integration, tools automation). You will define processes to support development and supporting operations (e.g., issues triage and prioritization, escalation procedures). Your post-program reporting and analysis will be used for benchmarking purposes and analysis of how to effectively manage and scale future programs. You will identify new opportunities based on customer needs and industry trends. While there are multiple stakeholders involved in execution, you will be the primary point-of-contact for end-to-end coordination and execution.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Be involved in full software development life-cycle, from ideation, through implementation to post-production support. Interact with partners and cross-functional teams to gather requirements, estimates/proposals and generate project plans.
- Own software implementation projects, including providing full project management, creation and maintenance of implementation documentation and tracking timelines and deliverables; perform implementation reviews/approvals, champion new product features and ensure prompt and proper resolution of issues.
- Define processes and, on an on-going basis, identify any process and tools/product improvements needed to fulfill business functions. Work closely with Partners, Product, Engineering, and cross-functional team to resolve functional/technical/operational issues that arise during design and implementation, and in post-production.
- Participate in projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve methodology. Analyze potential partner relationships and associated products.
- Play a key role in improving operational efficiencies through system automation. Move quickly from one phase of a project to another with a commitment to the highest possible quality standards.
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with SDLC, software development or test engineering, including scripting and debugging. Implementation experience.
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree.
- Experience defining workflows and processes.
- Knowledge of commercial and emerging reporting tools and technologies. Financial services domain knowledge and experience.
- Highly organized, demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects (e.g., juggling multiple partner relationships and integrations) Ability to work well for business intelligence and analytics.
- Strong oral, writing and editing skills with high attention to detail; proven ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience. Devotion to customer satisfaction and world class program execution.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.