Google’s known for our innovative technologies, products and services — and for the people behind them. As part of our world-class recruiting team, you’re charged with finding the most interesting candidates who bring an entrepreneurial spirit, a sense of scrappiness and a diversity of thought to all they do. You’re responsible for guiding candidates through our hiring process and connecting them to the magic of working at Google. You are creative and driven, with an interpersonal savvy that allows you to develop lasting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers. You’re also comfortable with numbers and drawing insights from analytics to make our hiring process smarter and more efficient.
As a Staffing Programs Specialist, you’ll enthusiastically represent the Google brand and build our talent pipeline for Google’s Sales organization. You’ll partner closely with the business to drive key programs and recruitment that enhance Google’s efforts to attract, recruit and retain top diverse talent.
Whether you are making our staffing systems more efficient, planning for our growth, building relationships on college campuses or cultivating the next generation of computer scientists, you have an eye on the staffing needs of Google and the broader hiring landscape. You are focused on cultivating outstanding candidates for Google’s long-term hiring needs, and you are the glue that ties together a cross-functional and international group of staffing teams. You are both scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven – and excited to share the magic of Google.
Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as “Human Resources”). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we’re the champions of Google’s colorful culture. In People Ops, we “find them, grow them, and keep them” – we bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Develop, strategize, plan and execute a wide variety of go-to-market initiatives and programs (e.g. university outreach, campus recruiting, internship programs, student programs) to build Google’s short and long term candidate pipeline and ensure the successful delivery of these programs. Design internal programs and communications that encourage Googlers to get involved in these programs.
- Develop and implement long term programs which provide an efficient and high-touch hiring experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process, offer process and closing of candidates.
- Build data, reporting and insights to measure impact of our programs. Use analyses from past programs to develop recommendations for improvement and drive new initiatives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal partners as well as external users and partners including university faculty, student groups, alumni groups, professional organizations. Establish subject matter expertise in this space.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in campus outreach and employer branding.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Proven track record of project management, delivering results, extraordinary attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Strong ability to interpret different data sets to decipher patterns and come up with actionable solutions.
- Exposure to any form of technology (e.g. query writing, scripting etc.).
- Self-directed and highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Uncommon balance of creativity and drive, along with strong problem-solving capabilities and analytical skills. High tolerance for ambiguity and a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent articulation, written and presentations skills in English.