When leading companies choose Google Cloud it’s a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud Platform is changing the way the world uses cloud computing by exposing our infrastructure. We’re growing very fast and looking for a Security Product Specialist for the Solutions team within the Cloud Platform Business Unit at Google. You will use your leadership skills and knowledge of product management, industries, software and cloud computing to design solutions and take them to market. You will help drive awareness of our solutions at leading industry conferences and Google events. Your enthusiasm, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills will help decision makers understand the benefits of Google Cloud Platform to drive growth and customer success.
We are actively looking for technical talents to join our EMEA Cloud Product Specialist team. In this role, you’ll become a trusted advisor to our clients and prospects and an expert advocate for our Platform, helping our partners to get as much value out of our Platform as possible. You’ll come to know our Google Cloud Platform product inside-out and provide expert support to Sales Engineers on the most complex and innovative projects, using both technical and business skill sets to lead projects forward as efficiently as possible. We accompany our customers in discovering the right technology and the right solutions specific to their needs, consulting around the best way to implement them, optimizing for results when in production, and always ensuring that their success is our priority.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work as part of the Sales team to identify and qualify Platform opportunities and determine if Google Cloud Platform is right for them. Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Take responsibility for leading the technical project, including such activities as technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments. Travel frequently around EMEA for meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data), as well as cloud market, competitive dynamics and customer buying behavior.
- Experience in advanced security matters (like Authentication Protocols, Identity and Access Management Systems, Key Management Systems, encryptions, securing mobile OS systems, securing complex cloud architectures, Incident Management, Network and End-Points Security, etc).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical technical field.
- Extensive experience serving as CSO or technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with installing, optimizing and maintaining large cross-country networks, leveraging both traditional and innovative protocol frameworks. Experience in managing large and complex network implementations.
- Working knowledge of Main Traditional Security Protocols, like OAuth, OpenID, HTTPS-TLS-SSL, PKI. Demonstrated knowledge of Identity and Access Management solutions and Encryption solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space.