The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it’s a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. As a Google Cloud Sales Engineer, you are able to inspire businesses, educational institutions and government agencies to reap the benefits of cloud technologies. To help them adopt these technologies you are seen as a trusted advisor on their future architecture and operations. You liaise with the product marketing management to stay on top of industry trends and work with engineering teams to help them devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
You’re a Sales Engineer with excellent technical, communication and organizational skills, and have previous experience in cloud platform and infrastructure products, search products, content/document management repository systems and SQL-based relational databases. Your expertise and presentation skills will be on display as you engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements, and persuasively present Google’s product offering.
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners to understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features and remove any potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments to transactions. Travel to customer sites, conferences etc. as required.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Present, demonstrate and run workshops using G Suite, Chrome and mobility devices to highlight their business value and organizational impact.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform and G Suite value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI/RFP response documents.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role and as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies.
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management – especially as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Experience of architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT Technology space.
- Effective presentation skills, with the ability to deliver a technical pitch.