Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
The Google Technical Services Ads Scaled Services (known as S2) team provides scaled expertise across all Google ads products. Outsourcing and automation are core to achieving scale for more than 40 workflows that the team handles. These are backed by robust quality systems and data insights to drive strong business results. Being a global team, both internal and external stakeholder management and cross-team collaboration are crucial to the team’s success.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Lead weekly meetings in your area of responsibility with project team ensuring all action items have follow ups, key initiatives are on track and maintain the project plan/all project documentation. Identify data, tools and reporting needs for vendor partner teams and write business requirement documents, partnering with appropriate teams to make them a reality.
- Communicate risks and challenges to business stakeholders continuously and present recommended solutions. Partner with Ops Leads to serve as a bridge between local stakeholder teams and vendor teams ensuring that there are clear lines of communication and feedback with a unified vision for Ads services that meets each region’s unique needs.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in each region and on horizontal teams to define and drive common goals. Handle escalations from our stakeholders and work with vendor teams on actions for prevention; Analyze data to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Be responsible for developing/refining service strategy and cross-team processes in partnership with these stakeholders. Ensure that all processes are well-documented and training materials around processes are robust and up to date.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes to address business needs. Re-engineer processes to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction and operationalize solutions in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders and vendor partners; Own delivery of processes with support from vendor partners.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting, or media.
- Experience with the digital industry/AdWords campaign management (e.g. set-up, optimization, troubleshooting, measurement and reporting).
- Six Sigma certification (or other relevant operations coursework) or experience working in a global service delivery model for in-house delivery or outsourced environment.
- 3 years of analytical work experience, understanding customer needs and working with data to identify trends and then develop solutions.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills, process quality and process optimization experience.
- Advanced data modeling and analytics expertise and understanding of cross-platform campaign set-up/optimization solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more areas within AdWords (Analytics, Policy, Search, etc.) or in one or more of platforms products (Ad Exchange, DoubleClick Bid Manager, DoubleClick Campaign Manager, DoubleClick Search).
- Ability to analyze data to identify solutions to complex problems and comfort in pulling data using SQL, etc. with ability to turn analysis into insights to drive business decisions and communicate them clearly to partners and stakeholders at all levels.