Google’s brand is only as strong as our users’ trust–and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what’s best for them. Our Product Quality Operations team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google’s users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user’s point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
The Ads Policy Deployment and Communications team’s mission is to promote a positive experience for users, advertisers, partners and Googlers by operationalizing and implementing fair and consistent policies and by working to protect the online safety of our users. As a Policy Specialist you will be responsible for implementing and operationalizing policies and communicating them to sales and advertisers, responding to escalations and questions, using data to take decisions, and serving as the policy expert on cross-functional teams with Product and engineering. You have strong communication, leadership, project management and organizational skills.
- Project manage rollout of enforcement changes, including providing analytical insights, training enforcement teams, and operational support for advertiser issues.
- Manage policy escalations from different stakeholders, primarily sales, legal, and internal support teams.
- Increase efficiency through automation, workflow streamlining, and system optimization. Design scalable workflow, systems and infrastructure solutions that enable effective global Deployment of new or reformed policies.
- Identify gaps or conflicts proactively in existing policy support framework, develop scalable solutions, and work to win consensus across the organization.
- Promote understanding of policies through crisp documentation and presentation to internal executives and stakeholder teams, and to external agencies when appropriate.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google’s integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The PQO team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google’s expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry wide solutions. PQO team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.Apply Now