Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
The Google Technical Services Campaign Services (GCS) Performance Specialist team is responsible for providing deep and specialized focus on emerging or complex ads products and support those products with optimization and analysis support. The team works closely with Product Operations Managers (for serviceability assessment), Regional Product Specialists (for Technical Implementation) and Global Product Leads (for understanding the commercialization strategy) to build capability around supporting the emerging products.
Along with being responsible for meeting client’s performance OKRs on these emerging products, the team also ensures the products are smoothly transitioned to the GCS Management team once the products have matured and have stable servicing processes. The team services all English speaking markets in Americas, EMEA, and APAC and works on products that are identified to be needing specialist support in terms of sales, implementation or optimization.
As a Performance Specialist, you will be responsible for building a deep understanding of this product in the absence of extensive available documentation, achieve and exceed customer goals through these product, build robust processes, systems, tools and documentation through your own work to ensure such products can be serviced by generalists in due course. You will also be responsible for working closely with the Product teams to provide feedback on the product improvements that can help customers in terms of performance or help Google teams/customer agencies become more efficient while servicing the products.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Provide Account and Campaign servicing for a portfolio of accounts for select performance products.
- Build new processes and solutions to simplify complex product optimizations and workflow.
- Anticipate business growth challenges and identify/lead opportunities/programs that need to be initiated.
Manage day-to-day stakeholders and operations with limited guidance.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience working in a professional services role or a product management role.
- 4 years of experience in an analytical, technical or consulting role.
- Expert understanding of optimization and analytical tools or strong industry and product experience outside Google in Digital Media agencies/e-commerce companies.
- Demonstrated success on projects – ability to independently lead, communicate and collaborate with multiple stakeholders and work effectively with global teams.
- Ability to work with large data sets and convert the data into compelling insight or narrative with powerful slides/visuals for consumption of sales teams, clients or leadership: savvy user of Google spreadsheets, Google slides, spreadsheet softwares and other tools.
- Strong attention to detail with a desire for perfection and the ability to be highly organized to ensure high quality and timeliness.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with specialists across Google and influence them through expertise and reliability.