When leading companies choose Google Cloud it’s a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud is changing the way the world uses cloud computing by allowing customers to use our infrastructure. We’re growing very fast and looking for a number of professionals to join the Google Cloud team. In this role, you will use your knowledge and leadership of product management, industries, software and cloud computing to design solutions and take them to market. You will also help drive awareness of our solutions at leading industry conferences and Google events, using your enthusiasm, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills to help our partners to understand the benefits of Google Cloud, and how it can drive business growth and customer success.
We are actively looking for top technical talent to join our Google Cloud Sales Engineering team, specifically focusing on supporting our partners and partner team. You’ll become a trusted advisor to our partners and prospects, winning hearts and minds and helping them get as much value out of our Platform as possible. Sales Engineers should be a strong ally to the Partner Manager in every situation, using both their technical and business skill sets to move things forward as efficiently as possible. You will ensure that Customer and Partner success remains paramount.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with Partner Managers to identify and recruit the best partners in the market that can deliver innovative solutions to our customers, built on top of Google Cloud (Google Cloud Platform and G-Suite).
- Develop our partners’ technical teams with both sales and technical competencies, so that they can be successful in the market.
- Keep partners up-to-date with product and technical knowledge and competitive differentiators.
- Engage with, and work hands-on with, partner technical representatives in opportunities and projects, complementing their skill and guaranteeing high quality customer deliverables. Advise on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing “best practice” advice to customers and partners to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
- Act as a technical advocate within Google for our partners in order to help provide feedback from the field, as well as to present on their behalf. Travel as required to visit partners across a defined geographic territory (20-40%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment, or
- equivalent experience in a customer and/or partner-facing role (including working as a member of a professional services, solutions architect or systems engineering team).
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management, especially as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses. Hands-on experience using and/or managing databases.
- Experience with software lifecycle and build tools as well as past experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions for scalable, distributed systems.
- Hands-on experience with Linux, with a demonstrated understanding of enterprise networking and identity management systems. Demonstrated knowledge of Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud, and related industry and technical concepts, as well as working knowledge of web application development platforms and related technologies.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud technology space.