Behind every advertising campaign at Google are systems to make it run. Behind every system is the Ad Serving Operations team to make sure that happens flawlessly. As a member of the team, you are a technical consultant with the dual role of being both client-facing and growing systems from the back-end. An expert in our tools and operations, you provide support, answer field inquiries and troubleshoot client issues. Beyond client-facing issues, your expertise also gives you the insight to recommend product and system improvements to our engineering teams. Your interactions on both sides ensure that when clients advertise with Google, their back-end systems never miss a beat.
In this role you will work with the Small- to Medium-sized Business (SMB) sales support team. The team will work with a portfolio of accounts and Account Managers in the in-market sales teams handling portfolios that supports advertisers around the world with teams in Hyderabad and Dublin.
As the Online Marketing Strategist, you will work in a team with Account Managers. Within this team, you will own the complete responsibility of helping SMB Advertisers meet their business goals via account optimization and opportunity identification. Along with handling basic/advanced search, display, mobile and video optimizations, you will be expected to proactively strategize with your pod to identify other business opportunities.
You will use your analytical skills to help the advertisers in your portfolio grow their existing business as well as develop and win new business opportunities. You will carry sales targets and will be measured on key metrics aligned to the sales team’s targets.
- Manage account growth through implementing optimization solutions: building campaigns for our customers, optimizing for performance to meet advertiser objective.
- Analyze query trends and create keywords packs, bids and budget suggestions. Develop a deep understanding of tools and gather and analyze data at account level, campaign level and industry level.
- Create reports to support or aid the optimization/incremental opportunity strategies and/or support the team’s requirements for report creation and their analysis.
- Identify and size opportunities in an account, support multi-product solution pitches and help the in-market sales team to create a growth strategy for our high potential advertisers.
- Use advanced optimization techniques and work on complex optimization aligned to customers’ goals across Search, Google Display Network (GDN), Mobile and YouTube.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the “human face” of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are laser-focused on the unique needs of small- and medium-sized businesses — businesses that often serve an exclusively local audience. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. Together, we create and implement business plans broadly for small businesses of every stripe.