Google Cloud teams work with schools, companies, and government agencies to make them more productive, mobile and collaborative. You will oversee all aspects of the Google Cloud sales process, improving it with your insightful data analysis, troubleshooting, and seamless cross-functional teamwork. Your strategies ensure that companies new to Google products get the highest quality customer support and that the Google Cloud program overall is kept on the cutting edge.
The global training team is part of the Professional Services Organization (PSO) in Google Cloud. The mission of PSO is to ensure that our customers and partners get the most out of the Google enterprise offering, whether that be G Suite, Google Cloud, Maps, Chrome or a combination of these products. The training team is responsible for developing, delivering and evaluating training that enables our customers and partners to use our products and solution offerings in an effective and impactful way. The scope of what we are being asked to deliver in the next few years is increasing exponentially. It is an exciting time to join a fast growing business and be pivotal to its success.
The Google Cloud training team already develops and delivers Google Cloud Platform product and solution training to thousands of partners, end-users and developers, and has ambitious plans to quickly grow both the range and reach of the training on offer. The training is delivered through a mix of internal trainers and external training partners.
As part of this team, your role will be to deliver training to strategic and/or confidential customers/partners and to Google internal teams. You will also be expected to take standard training content and, if required, create more tailored content for different target audiences. You will provide from-the-field feedback on product features and gaps to the Engineering teams, and feedback to the training content development team on what changes need to be made to the training to ensure it is high impact. A core part of your role will be to evaluate, train, audit and coach other trainers, in particular external trainers. You will work towards continually improving the scale, depth, and quality of Google Cloud Platform Training.
In this role, you will deliver consistently superb training experiences to our learners. In the classes that you teach, you will validate the correctness of the materials, set appropriate expectations before and during the class, and ensure learner satisfaction with the scope and depth of what is covered.
Although some of the training will be virtual and could be delivered from your home, you will be expected to travel globally (could be 50% or more, depending on business growth).
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Deliver superb technical training experiences covering topics such as Cloud based programming (e.g. Python/Java) and data science (statistics/ETL/machine learning) to diverse audiences (partners, customers, Googlers etc.).
- Participate in training planning conversations with strategic customers/partners. Work on tailoring content for those audiences as required.
- Evaluate, train, audit and coach other trainers (especially in external training companies).
- Provide direct field feedback to Engineering, Product and Content Development teams.
- Ensure your training schedules are published and any content updates are recorded as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience conducting training for a tech company or for a public training provider.
- Experience in programming (Python/Java) and data science (statistics/ETL/machine learning).
- Experience providing training to a diverse set of customers, and audiences from C-level executives to students in public courses.
- Experience creating, maintaining and/or delivering content in a fast-moving technology area.
- Experience mentoring developers adopting new technologies.
- Comfortable working in a fast growing, dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Acknowledged expert in one or more technologies, as evidenced by invited talks at industry conferences, committer on open-source projects, authoring of magazine articles and books, etc.