Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
The Google Technical Services Ads team is a solution-generating force that helps our sales teams and advertisers. These solutions need to be scalable to support millions of customers worldwide. In addition to troubleshooting on the customer side, we work with Sales, Product and Engineering teams within Google to develop better tools and services to improve our products based on the evolving needs of our users. As a cross-functional and global team, it’s our job to help keep the lights on and the ads fresh.
As the Head of Troubleshooting for scaled services within Google’s technical support organization for advertisers, you will strategize and manage our global outsourced troubleshooting operations for Google’s AdWords and/or DoubleClick products, providing world-class customer service and working closely with stakeholders across other parts of the business.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Develop the strategy and implementation plan for Google Technical Services Ads troubleshooting vendor operations, in partnership with Google Technical Services Ads Global Support and Strategic Operations teams.
- Drive business results by tracking key operational metrics, identifying process improvement opportunities and managing strategic project plans to completion.
- Manage vendor performance and deliver excellent services to a global customer base. Ensure high quality delivery by putting in place the right processes, metrics, vendor contracts, quality frameworks, workflow documentation and the like.
- Manage and coach a technical support team that supports Sales. Grow and develop talent while providing vision and setting direction for the team.
- Provide strategic insights and lead continuous improvement efforts in customer service and operations and partner with Sales, Sales Operations, and other Google Technical Services Ads teams on initiatives to drive business growth and advertiser support.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Technology, Science, or Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience managing global teams.
- Experience running large global outsourced operations in areas like software QA, IT, and technical support.
- PhD, MBA, or a Master’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Science, or Mathematics.
- Experience in leading, mentoring, and motivating semi-technical operational or support teams while leading operational transformation projects leading to efficiency improvements, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Experience in developing technical solutions and tools in partnership with product engineering and business teams. Experience in process management systems such as Kaizen, Six Sigma, or Lean.
- Good understanding of Google’s digital marketing product capabilities. Ability to understand the technology behind digital marketing products and make feasibility assessments on requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to process large amounts of data and derive insights to drive business strategies and decisions.
- Demonstrated people and stakeholder management skills. Effective communication skills with the ability to present analysis and complex concepts to multiple audiences.