Like Google’s own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our world-class software engineers are just getting started — and as a manager, you guide the way.
With extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage engineers across multiple teams and locations, a large product budget and oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites internationally.
Google applications like Gmail, Drive, and Docs have revolutionized the lives of billions of people and we, at Google For Work, are bringing the same benefits of collaboration, communication and creativity to enhance work. You will join a strong, healthy, and high-velocity team that regularly launches big products that make a significant impact. We work on large-scale distributed systems, enterprise applications, services and platforms such as Software as a Service (SaaS), partner ecosystems, identity, device management and directory services.
Google for Work platform team is a distributed team with a strong presence in Hyderabad, India (in addition to Mountain View and Bangalore, India). You will lead the team at the Hyderabad site. You will be a key member of the leadership team and influence the vision and execution of our roadmap. You will provide leadership and mentoring to your team in Hyderabad and motivate and inspire them to achieve higher levels of innovation and productivity. You will also interface with leadership as well as product and business teams in Mountain View and Bangalore and be a strong spokesperson and advocate of your team.
- Provide leadership to a group of engineers, tech leads and managers that are building the next generation platform and applications for Google for Work customers.
- Attract, recruit and retain talent in your organization through excellent communication, inspiration, mentorship and growth of your team.
- Develop vision and leading products for enterprise customers. Launch and execute bold initiatives to scale our business.
- Be a part of creating, articulating and implementing a 10x enterprise vision. Own and drive complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution and maintenance.
- Work closely with the the Mountain View and Bangalore sites to ensure we’re making the right decisions about our architecture, teams, and delivery.
The web is what you make of it, and the Chrome and Apps team is helping the world make more of the web. From open-source pros to user-experience extraordinaires, the team develops products like Chrome OS, Gmail and Google Docs that help users connect, communicate and collaborate with others. Our consumer products and Enterprise platforms are giving millions of users at homes, businesses, universities and nonprofits around the world the tools that shape their web experience — and changing the way they think about computing.Apply Now