Google’s brand is only as strong as our users’ trust–and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what’s best for them. Our Product Quality Operations team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google’s users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user’s point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
As a Product Quality Associate you defend the integrity of Google, its users and partners worldwide by defining and communicating product policies, fighting spam, fraud, and abuse across Google products (Google Search, Google Maps, AdWords, AdSense, Google Checkout, Google Product Search). You are proactive, motivated, organized, responsible, innovative–and able to work well in a fast-paced, global, cross-functional, and team-oriented environment while demonstrating technical know-how, effective communication and getting things done.
As an analyst in Product Trust and Safety, you are part of a world class team responsible for protecting Google and its users by fighting abuse and fraud for at least one Google product. You ensure trust and reputation not only for this product, but also for Google as a broader brand and company. You are a strategic leader who possesses the ability to work globally and cross-functionally with several internal stakeholders through effective relationship building, influence and communication. You demonstrate analytical thinking through data-driven decisions. You have the technical know-how, charisma and ability to work with your team to make a big impact.
- Investigate, identify, and prevent/remove product quality issues by reviewing accounts, transactions, user-generated content, advertisements, local business listings, and/or search results in order to enforce product-specific policies.
- Identify market trends, identify product vulnerabilities, and recommend strategy adjustments based on market trends and patterns.
- Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analyses and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes around customer support and product expansion.
- Increase efficiency through processes and system enhancements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as Engineering and Product by exposing product vulnerabilities and providing feedback on systems/tools/process in order to increase automation while providing a better experience for our users.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google’s integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The PQO team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google’s expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry wide solutions. PQO team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.Apply Now